Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
classes and students using wikis
classroom or student blogs and podcasts
educators or teachers blogs and podcasts
New Zealand school library blogs, wikis, startpages
NZ classroom student blogs
other education-related blogs and podcasts
Resource wikis for educators
school flickr sites
Secondary Blogs Wikis
educators or teachers blogs and podcasts
Blogs and podcasts by NZ teachers and educators
Chicargill's Media Musings
Jerome Cargill, Media Studies teacher, Newlands College, Wellington. Blog contains musings about all things media and classroom practice.
Teaching Personal and Social Responsibility through Physical Activity
- Onerahi Primary School, Whangarei. Examples of using Hellison's TPSR in a primary setting
Sea Breeze @ Niwa
sharing my time as a Primary Science Fellow at Niwa
Way Down South
A Compilation of Information and Resources for Teachers and Kids about Argo Floats and the Southern Ocean
Science in a Blog
- The Science in a Van Roadshow team host this blog and update it with experiments and classroom ideas that are fun and engaging.
Sandra Rolls, Tasman Bay Christian School. This year is all about being free to try new things and inspire my kids to a whole new level.
Marriene Langton West Spreydon school. A personal and professional reflection on what really matters in our school and a reminder not to be so precious about education that I lose sight of the special things that make kids and teaching such a pleasure..
ONE to One Computing Journey
A blog from Warren Grieve with resources and reflections on the journey started in 2010.
ICT Education and Thinking - A blog from Warren Grieve ICT Director and facilitator over 15 years.
Bob and Sue - diablog of two adult learners returning to higher education to study Technology Enhanced Learning
ICT Enhanced Learning and Teaching
Ideas, case studies, resources, research and presentations around using ICT Enhanced Learning and Teaching (ICTELT) in design, facilitation, assessment and evaluation. Hazel Owen.
Diary of a Teacher
- Reflections and stories about life as a (primary) teacher, started in August 2006 by begining teacher
- ICPTD Cluster
ICT at Putauaki
- Putauaki Primary, Kawerau
My Web2 Examples
- Jeanette Murphy's Teacher-Facilitator blog
- Jeanette Murphy's e-Learning Facilitator blog
A blog about secondary teaching, teacher facilitation and the Specialist classroom teacher in secondary schools
Pass the SOLT
- a blog on the Scholarship of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education with a strong focus on technology-enhanced learning.
, Sarah Martin from Red Beach School talks about visioning, learning, leadership, competencies and future requirements
- a blog about all things education with a focus on adopting ICT and change in education
NZ education in Second Life
- a blog about the NMIT Second Life island, Koru and its use for education and research
- the blog for English students at Katikati College (years 9-13).
- the blog for Year 13 English students at Katikati College.
, Katikati College.
Games, Education & Enterprise Conference
- the Website of the 2009 G.E.E.C Conference in Christchurch.
High School blog with multimedia:
CReAtive Minds: Katikati College
Geography, Tourism, Social Studies
- Software and digital media for learning - Sarah Jones, Senior Adviser, e-Learning, Ministry of Education
Catch the Wave
thoughts, wonderings, observations, explorations, discoveries, enjoyment!
- thoughts on the integration of ICT into the classroom and ICT and learning styles. Also a wiki
: various topics relating to education and technology from around the world.
2006 E-fellows Blogs
Blogs from the 2006 e-fellows.
2007 E-fellows Blogs
, Jane Nicholls, Gavin Hewitt, Darryl Crawford, Jonathan Parsons, Trevor Storr
eLearning Team Leader at
Pt England School
, Auckland. Facilitator for the
Wireless from the Couch
Warren Grieve of
ICT Facilitator and author of
information literacy program and resources
Inquiring Mind Blog
on inquiry learning by
Leading & Learning
"Regular rants, raves and biased opinions about current issues from Bruce"
CORE Education Director
Principal - Outram School, Dunedin.
. My adventures in the world of learning, teaching, ICT and school leadership.
Louise von Randow
. The life and times of an online learning centre, for enrichment & extension programmes...
Kay Smythe, ICT PD Facilitator for the Discover IT Tasman cluster, blogs about ICT and PD
Making It Happen
Rochelle Jensen, ICTPD Faciltator + E-Learning Adviser University of Waikato
Tangled up in Purple
writes about education and ICT.
***ICT U Can Podcast
Podcast (not being updated)
***ICT U Can Blog
Edge of the Seat
, Dunedin. ICT Facilitator for the Hills ICTPD Cluster.
My Journey in ICT and Blogging
- Rachel Boyd, Nelson
Jill's Ed Blog
CORE Education National Facilitator
blogs about things she is seeing out in schools and finding interesting on the net
is team teaching year 7 and 8 pupils at Freeville School in Christchurch
Teaching in the Digital Age
. Louise Starkey from Victoria University.
dragonsinger - learning, unlearning & relearning
- Leigh Blackall at Otago Polytechnic
Life is not a race
- Allanah King
Richard van Dijk
, Blog & wiki.
- Chrissy Hellyer, Napier
Educating the Dragon
- Simon Evans, Flaxmere
eLearning Facilitator, Central North Shore ICT PD Cluster. Includes links to cluster wiki and teachers exploring blogging.
Horizon ICT PD
- The Ning of the Horizon ICT PD Cluster in Christchurch
ICT in English NZ
Exploring team blogging and the possibilities for learning and teaching of English in New Zealand schools
Lenva Shearing - Bucklands Beach Cluster Facilitator, Assistant Principal Bucklands Beach Intermediate
Bucklands Beach ICTPD Cluster
- Lynne Crowe, Te Awamutu
- Robyn Wills, Auckland
Nigel's musings and discoveries
DP and Co-Director of the Petone Foreshore Cluster
My Journey to Integrate ICT into my Classroom
- Marnie Thomas, Auckland
Sharing the Addiction
- written by
- facilitator for the cluster. The blog tends to talk a lot about Web 2.0 tools.
Turning the Supertanker
- David Kinane a record of ICT change at school
True at the time I said it
- Rob McCrae musing on life, the universe and everything ... well not quite everything ... in fact, probably very little, but who cares
The Blog of Robert Douglas
- Ramblings and thoughts of a Facilitator with an interest in managing ICT to empower 21st century teachers
Online Education and Training
- Created for a University of Melbourne paper of the same name, containing ideas related to e-learning / Web 2.0 and so forth. IT focus for sure. Jenny Smith - Auckland
, Auckland. A general look at using and embedding e-learning within the classroom. (Used to be
Thinking Past The Square...
Widgets and Wikis and Blogs...Oh My!
- Kirstin Anderson - McGhie, Auckland
, Hamilton - A blog to keep track of updates of e-fellowship research in the field of m-learning.
New Media Tech
, Hamilton - A blog set up to keep track of the latest We b 2.0 offerings - plenty about mashups, maps, video and photosharing
- Dave Winter, Hamilton - a blog looking from ict infrastructure to instructional, curriculum school design and the student of today.
- The connected lives of Mark and Lesley Craven in and out of the classroom. Hamilton
John West's Edublog
- HOD science at Greenbay College
Merrolee's occupational therapy blog
- A blog about educational issues for the occupational therapy profession.
- Sarah Stewart, Dunedin. A blog that addresses educational issues for the midwifery profession.
- David McQuillan, Dunedin. Massage online is a documentation of the process of taking the Otago Polytechnic massage therapy course to a fully blended model. Somatic reflections is my personal blog.
The Bashful Blogger
, Facilitator for Eastnet ICT PD Cluster, Auckland.
, ICT Lead teacher, Eastnet ICT PD Cluster, Auckland. Web 2.0 and eLearning blog.
ICT Teaching & Learning
Web2.0 & Education
- Chrissie Butler, Wellington
Paddy Tries to Rationalise Overuse of ICT
- Robyn Patston, TIC Computing, Lower Hutt - love ICT but hate to see it over-used.
My Media Mountain
- Teacher's blog
What Now? What Next? So What?
, primary school teacher, Hamilton.
Naketa Ferguson CORE Education, Regional ICT Facilitator (Early Childhood), Manukau City. Random musings about ICT, ECE, Pasifika/Maori and South Auckland.
, Papamoa, Bay of Plenty. Thoughts on e-learning, teaching and getting beyond the bells and whistles.
The eLearning Buzz
Reflections on teaching and learning in the 21st Century / motivating students / changing practice
Living The Learning
- Angela Armstrong-Lush ICT Facilitator for Feilding ICT Cluster, Feilding
Hana Turner - A place to share Food Tech lessons, recipes and other foodie stuff.
Art for Kiwi kids
Zenobia Southcombe - A blog to share lessons and ideas for teaching visual art with New Zealand themes.
Mary St George
- A blog about gifted education and self-directed learning with a touch of e-learning thrown in.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"